Construction work for a bigger and better kitchen has initiated with capacity for preparing up to 10,000 meals every day for the underprivileged children at the proposed site of Food for Life Nepal in Budhanilkantha, Kathmandu.
A majority of the population in Nepal is still unable to get even one complete square meal for the day, only because they are stuck in the vicious circle of poverty and illiteracy. Food for Life Nepal has contributed to resolve and to liberate the under-privileged children from this vicious cycle by serving them with freshly cooked meal in the form of their ‘Mid-Day Meals’ which is currently prepared in the temporary kitchen. This temporary kitchen is currently running at maximum capacity and struggling to increase the number of meals being prepared to serve more number of children despite receiving additional requests from various schools/organizations.
It has been stated by the contactor that, given the required finance and resources made available at the site, the project should complete in a year’s time. It would cost about 1,10,00,000.00 (One Crore Ten Lakhs Nepali Rupees) to finish the whole construction project, which includes the labour cost, in the stated timeframe.
This two-storey building is being constructed on 1,078 sq. ft of land. The site plan covers 6,400 sq. ft of land with regard to future expansion plans which will also be used for office space for administration.
We would like to express our sincere gratitude to:
– Ms. Asmita Ranjitkar of Teku, Kathmandu for contribution of NRs. 50,000
– Ms. Bhawana Shah of Gyaneshwor, Kathmandu for contribution of NRs. 30,000
– Auto Parts International of Kuleshwor, Kathmandu for contribution of NRs. 50,000
– Ms. Rojina Pradhan & Family of Thapathali, Kathmandu for contribution of NRs. 1,08,000
– Carisimo e.V. – Carisimo Nepal (Germany) of Munich, Germany for contribution of 60,000
– St George Friends FC of Sydney Australia for contribution of NRs. 44,200
– Mr. Sagun Bir Singh Kansakar of Auto Parts International for contribution of NRs. 40,000
– Parra Park FC of Sydney Australia for contribution of NRs. 52,000
– Variety Press (Variety Besties Group) of Kuleshwor, Kathmandu for contribution of NRs. 80,000
– Anonymous: for contribution of NRs. 10,000
for giving us the necessary support to initiate this project. We would not have been able to start without your help. Thank You!
We still need a lot of resources in the meantime for completing the construction. We would love if you could donate to us the resources that we require or whatever possible to assist us in building this kitchen so that we can fight hunger together!